Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hey Stacy & Clinton!

We had a little "what not to wear" debate here this morning. I put on a pair of jeans that are too long by about 4-6 inches. Ordinarily, when I buy pants, I try to get them in petite (for the length, not the waist, obviously) or I buy capri pants and wear them like regular pants for me.

But I think I snagged this pair of pants from my friend Lisa at a garage sale, so I couldn't be to picky about the length. I'm sure I told myself I'd get them hemmed. And of course, I haven't. So I tried rolling the cuffs, but there was so much to roll, I looked like I was wearing denim donuts around my ankles.

I considered pegging the legs (remember that from high school?), but recalled Mike's threat of abandonment if I ever did that in public (again).

So Mike suggested going with one large, straight cuff on each leg.

full

"It's the style nowdays," he promised. He would know. He pays way more attention to fashion than I do. Not entirely convinced, I asked Annie her opinion.


She took one look at my ankles and was instantly mortified that I would even consider leaving the house like this:

cuffs

Which pretty much sealed the deal. I was definitely going to Charlie's soccer game with uber-cuffs on my jeans. What can I say? I like to see Annie squirm. And, now that I'm 39, what do I care what other people think of how I dress?

Except I do, or I wouldn't be writing about this here. So you guys be my Stacy and Clinton. (And if the real Stacy and Clinton from TLC's "What Not Wear" what to weigh in here, even better!)

What's your vote:

Totally hip and down with the fashion, you diva dresser you!

Or

Annie is right and by leaving the house in that get-up you totally ruined her social status for at least this school year, probably next.

7 comments:

Annie said...

I think you're too funny for your own good! Those jeans do nothing for you and the cuff is terrible. I'm with Annie (maybe it's the name), ditch the jeans or go get them hemmed! :-)

Joanie said...

Actually I think the cuff needs to be higher on the leg, making them more like capris. Why not cut the pants legs a bit?

Momza said...

Well. First I admire you for wearing those in public just to irk Annie...that's just plain mean and I love it.
Secondly, well you know. Unless you're goin all gangsta, they need to be cut and hemmed for real life.
BTW, I have the opposite problem...at 5'9" my pants are always a little shorter than I want.

Michelle said...

I have no fashion sense. I wear what fits! LOL!

Nate's Mom said...

OMG, this is too funny. I hope Stacy and Clinton see this and bring you a credit card with 5K on it, just for fun. I'm thinking, no, but seriously, I'm clueless when it comes to fashion. I also have boys, who as of yet don't seem to care how I dress.

Sheri in CA

Marine Wife said...

I'm no help to you... if it's clean, wear it! ;-)

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Ok I can't vote either, but why not roll them under the pant leg? When Jeremy was younger we had to hem his. We paid someone to do it. They always made it look store bought that way.