Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Didn't this happen on an episode of the Brady Bunch?

Today after we returned from Charlie's oh-so-early soccer game, we told the kids they needed to go clean their rooms. I headed to the kitchen to get tonight's dinner in the crockpot and Mike went upstairs to work on our bedroom.

About 30 minutes later, he came into the kitchen laughing. He said that he heard Annie tell the boys that they needed to have an emergency meeting in her room. When he peeked in the door, Annie was saying something about chores, while Charlie and Robbie were lying on the floor looking like they'd rather be anywhere else.

(Really must re-teach myself the lesson about the "to lie" as in recline verb. I'm sure I use it incorrectly all the time.)

We got a good chuckle out of that and went back to our tasks. Another 30 minutes went by and Mike came downstairs, laughing harder and carrying a big pad of art paper that was sticking out from under Annie's bed:

Sign - emergency meeting

My favorite part is "key word - responsible," followed closely by "impress parents."

I don't know about you, but I think Annie might be management material. Maybe Donald Trump is casting for "The Apprentice, Jr.?"

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That is SOOOOOO hilarious! And yes, I bet it DID happen on the Brady Bunch!

Eternal Lizdom said...

Oh... she's GOOD. When you do get a dog... you must name it Tiger, I think.

Marine Wife said...

she's a natural born leader!