I didn't watch it while doing deep knee bends or jumping rope (have you read my latest Fit City post?). But I also didn't watch it while eating ice cream or Nutella on toast.
Some of the thoughts I had while watching:
- If Bob Harper ever leaves this show, the fat lady will have sung.
- It's just plain mean and wrong to invite people to the ranch and then send them home before they ever get to set foot inside the gym.
- Is the world ready to handle a skinny Santa (who happens to be from Indiana!)? The next thing you know, Cookie Monster will be eating carrots.
- I just might have to dust off Denzel and change his name to Dolvett. That guy is buff.
- Other than Planet Fitness, the product placements were kept to a minimum. That was nice.
- As someone who increasingly views herself as "older," I was glad Gail didn't fall on the age sword and bow out to someone just because they are younger.
- I was really peeved with Ben for asking to be sent home. But maybe in that one week on the ranch, he experienced what my friend Annie refers to as that moment.