Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Last wishes


Every once in a while when I'm using Mike's computer, I click his bookmark for The Drudge Report. Today, when I clicked it, I found a story about a deceased Puerto Rican man whose family said it was his last wish to remain standing throughout his 3-day wake.

Which got me to thinking that there is no time like the present to make my wishes known.

1. Unlike Senor Angel Pantoja Medina, I DO NOT wish to remain standing. I'd like to think that if at no other time in my life, at least in death I will finally have a chance to get off my feet.

2. I DO want my family and friends to cry over my passing. I often hear people saying, "Oh, she wouldn't want us to be sad." Forget that -- I intend to look down from my pearly pedestal and definitely want to see tears flowing. A few wails going up would be nice, too.

3. No matter how much my husband tries to convince you that I want my casket to bear a "My Other Car is the Starship Enterprise" bumper sticker, DO NOT believe him. That's his last wish.

4. I DO want to be buried with a Scrabble board. You never know how much time I'll have to pass in purgatory.

That's all for now. The good Lord willing, I've got some time to think about it.

5 comments:

Mike Magan said...

Spooky picture, very funny. I promise to give you a great funeral, although you will probably outlast me!!

Sharon said...

Ha! Great post idea.
I love how you wrote wanting to be buried w/ Scrabble. I've told my sister that at my funeral, instead of having flowers laid on my casket, I want Hershey bars! The plain milk chocolate. Yum! :)

Anonymous said...

Are you even questioning whether or not there will be tears flowing? Did you forget who I am...I cry while watching "Tori & Dean"...I cry while watching the Olympics...hell, I even cry when I see someone crying. Obviously there are some things that we as sisters don't have in common!

But never the less -- there had be better be a lot of time before we have to go in search of the eternal scrabble board!

Vicki aka Diva Mom said...

I don't care if people cry at my funeral - but they best be praying my departed soul outta purgatory! Forget flowers, have some Masses said for me so I can make it to the pearly gates!

Head over to my blog - I've given you an award!

Lori said...

Great one Amy! I think you should also be buried with your laptop so you can keep on blogging!
Lori