Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Biggest Loser: Do I smell gameplay?

Biggest Loser logo

How gullible can I be? Were you?

Did you feel like this whole show was just baiting you along, leading you to believe that Joelle was going home and tomorrow's headlines would have Carla knocking her senseless with a dumbbell?

The exchange between Carla and Joelle back in Detroit proved good comedy. I think my favorite line was when Carla told Joelle "This competition is about being the biggest loser -- not the biggest whiner!"

But Joelle's life was spared -- her life on the ranch and her actual living, breathing existence -- in what I think was the first hint of gameplay we've seen this season. Think of it, if you are playing the game would you want Damien -- a guy with lots of weight to lose -- or Joelle -- a reluctant participant with a lackluster history of weight loss -- to stay on as your competition?

So Joelle was spared tonight, only to be casted off in the next week or two. And boy didn't she look irritated?! Clearly, this woman wanted to be sent home.

In other BL news tonight...

I just love Filipe! His reaction on the scale tonight was awesome.

Does anyone else find it curious that Tara, the former model, is the one who is always throwing up? And really, do we have to watch it?

In case you didn't catch Jillian's 3-step workout advice, here it is:
  • Jump squats: 10x
  • Bicycle kicks: 20x
  • Jogging in place: 3 minutes on, 1 minute rest.
Repeat the entire sequence twice.

If you are part of the 4th Frog's Biggest Loser Challenge:
  • We have 13 players right now. If you haven't signed up yet, e-mail me at 4thfrog70 at gmail dot com with a full body pic and your starting weight.
  • If you've already signed up, please be sure to e-mail me your weight. I'll post the week's winner and challenge tomorrow.
  • To review the details of the contest, click here.

6 comments:

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

You know they could have started game play NEXT week! They should have got rid of her this week! They are so weak for doing that!

And I hope everyone did better than I did for their 1st week!

Joanie said...

I always seem to watch the show at face value. I honestly thought it was going to be a unanimous vote to send Joelle home. I was so shocked when Jillian's team voted to send Damien home! But after reading your post and talking with my daughter, who is also hooked, I can see the reasoning. I SO dislike Joelle that I can hardly stand to look at her any more.

And I think they let slip who the bottom 2 are going to be next week! GRRRR!!!!!

Smoochiefrog said...

Okay, so here's a question. Where was the orange team during the temptation? Why weren't they involved?

Amy said...

@smoochie -- You know, I did not even notice it. But that is a BIG question. Because I bet they would have won the challenge. Orange boy at home sure wouldn't have had a problem eating.

Maybe they removed them so they could send Joelle home for the crazy Carla show? I think this show is more scripted than I had previously thought.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I missed 1/2 the show b/c the kids were in swimming lessons. By the time I got home, the show was towards the end of Joelle's visit w/ Carla. Too bad I missed it. I wasn't so shocked to see that she stayed. I think they pretty much gave it away before one of the commercial breaks.

Diane

Anonymous said...

I agree. I was so annoyed by it. *sigh* Next week looks bad already...