Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Biggest Loser: Knock, knock?

Biggest Loser logo

Knock, knock?

Who's there?

Orange?

Orange who?

Orange you glad the orange team got sent home?

I am. It was a tough decision, for sure. And Tara's minor freak out before voting was a little over the top for me. But I guess I just felt like a.) Dan had been given a "mercy" chance before and b.) if he stayed with Jillian, she was gonna work him into the grave.

Besides, there is just something so likable about the brown team, Mike and Ron (even if I can't watch when Ron weighs in).

Though I'm glad they got sent home, I could identify with both Dan and Dave. When Dan said he never thought it was possible to not be fat because it's all he knows, my inner me was waving its arms, saying "Me! Me! That's me!" And when Dave said in the elimination room that his commitment was at the ranch, but not his heart, I could hear myself in that statement too.

But neither of them has let those feelings hold them back. Dave has lost 46 pounds -- I sure would take that. And Dan has lost over 100. He has got to feel invincible!

Other Biggest Loser thoughts...

  • Joelle was definitely representin' tonight. I think she knew Carla was coming back and was gonna kick her Jo-normous butt if she didn't lose enough to keep Carla on the ranch.
  • Anybody else feel a wee bit guilty when Sione said, "I used to say 'I don't have time to exercise' -- but I had 3 hours a night to watch TV."
  • I happy Blaine got to go home for his baby's birth. But I really thought they would name it either Bob or Jillian.
  • Only 991 calories for chicken wings? Seems kind of worth the sacrifice...and I wonder why I'm shaped like the little teapot -- short and stout.
Can't wait for next week to see the at-home partner weigh-ins!

If you're part of the 4th Frog Biggest Loser contest, don't forget to send me your weigh in numbers at 4thfrog70 at gmail dot com.

6 comments:

Joanie said...

I look forward to your TBL post every Tuesday night!

I feel bad for Dan because I think, eventually, Dave was going to drag him down. I sure hope he continues on the great path he's taking and continues to lose weight.

Joelle actually impressed me tonight. For the first time, I was liking her, sort of. Not sure how I feel about Carla's big mouth back on the ranch though!

And where was Jillian for 80% of the episode tonight? She was obviously absent!

Am I the only one who's getting tired of Amanda (Yellow Team) and her crying all the time? Sheesh! The gal is gonna dehydrate if she doesn't stop!

I think my 2 favorite teams so far are the purple team and the brown team. That could change week to week though! :)

So that's my take on this week's show!

Amy said...

@Joanie -- You are much more observant than I am. I didn't even notice Jillian's absence that much.

I've got my heart set on purple going all the way.

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I was so worried about Dan going home, but look at him! He looks amazing! I was actually quite surprised that his best friend lost 46 pounds. I bet Dan's influence had a lot to do with that!

I was so proud of Joelle tonight! She really kicked it in gear! I have a funny feeling that those that didn't vote her out last week are gonna kick themselves for not doing it!

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately for me, I was watching the show with about 50% focus as I was tending to dinner and the kitchen cleanup. Looks like Dan will do well on his own. I'm proud of him. Not sure if I have any favorites yet but I was not impressed with the outburst during elimination time.

Diane

Old Woman said...

I'm kinda suspicious of Joelle - Do you think she was game playin'? Or was she really that resistant and self centered? As far as Dave went -- I wanted to kick his butt; if that were my bff - we wouldn't be for long. I'm proud of Dan. I hope he keeps goin'.

Mrs Furious said...

"even if I can't watch when Ron weighs in"
LOL... we call him the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle!