Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

This one's for the Moms

I hesitate to categorize myself as a "mommy blogger" because I feel like I am about so much more than just my children. But certainly, there is a definite mom-bent to my blog. And that's ok because I like being a mom and I'm grateful for the joy and laughter my kids bring to my life.

However, as kids do, they also bring laundry, dishes, and the need to be driven to practice and games (volleyball, volleyball, cheer, basketball, volleyball, cheer, basketball this week). They sometimes whine and argue and talk back. At least that's what I hear from my friends and neighbors.

Sometimes all of that leads to a little daydreaming about life where sleeping in exists. Where I get to eat dinner while it's still hot. Where I don't have to say such ridiculous things as "because I'm the mom and I said so."

And then, as if on cue, I happen on something that makes me smile and remember, "Yep. It's good to be a Mom."

Thanks Liz for that fun reminder today! Be sure to visit Eternal Lizdom for your reminder.

3 comments:

Eternal Lizdom said...

My silliness... served as a good reminder! Whoo hoo!!

Joanie said...

That time will come, when you can eat dinenr while it's hot and get to sleep in a bit. Trust me, it will come. It might take 25 years like it did for me but it will come, I promise! (I get paroled in June when my youngest graduates from high school! I get weekend furloughs from time to time now!)

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

You know I can't tell you how many times I have complained to my hubby, "You know it would really be nice to be able to eat my dinner before it gets cold at least every once in awhile!" I mean really, by the time I FINALLY get to sit down to eat, everyone else is getting up finishing!