Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, July 25, 2009

FFF

Fricken' fruit flies...

I think I've killed about 100 of them in the past few days and, quite frankly, I'm a little worried about the joy I feel with each little smashed fruit fly.

They started in the kitchen and have made their way to the bathrooms upstairs. Can you say dee-skuss-ting?!

I've fumigated all the trash cans. I've taken all the fruits and veggies I normally keep in a bowl on the counter and put them in the fridge. I've attacked the little buggers with rolled up newspapers, Windex and wet towels. These things make me mad and creep me out. I was going to put a picture with this post, but just looking at pics of the nasty things makes my skin crawl.

So, I'm off to Google other ways to get rid of the fruit flies. But if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.

3 comments:

Amy's Mom said...

I recall having a similar problem at work once, and another nurse brought in a small bowl with a little vinegar in it and covered it tightly with plastic wrap. Then, she poked a few small holes in the wrap. It attracted the fruit flies /gnats and trapped them because they couldn't find their way back out.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

oh oh oh!!! I just posted the other day this list of household tips on my blog and there was one in there about fruit flies... this is what it said... and I've never tried it, but one of my readers said it works! Hope this helps!

"Goodbye Fruit Flies
To get rid of pesky fruit flies, take a small glass, fill it 1/2 with Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 drops of dish washing liquid; mix well. You will find those flies drawn to the cup and gone forever!"

Nate's Mom said...

Amy, I'm no help with the fruit flies. But, I was just wondering if you are going to host another BL contest this year. I need to get back on track and could totally use the accountabily when school goes back and I can think of myself occasionally.

Sheri in CA