Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 13, 2009

Hi Willie!

When I first started my job, my "office" was a small desk wedged between a bookcase and the mailboxes in a hallway that connected the reception area to the common space of our suite of offices. I worked in that space for about a year, which wasn't too bad considering that I only worked two and a half days a week.

After I'd been in this position for about a year, a real office opened up and I was able to move to a larger space. This office is great. It faces downtown and has a wonderful 9-pane window. It's through this window that I can see, on an almost daily basis, Willie Nelson walking into and out of his apartment building.

Now, I know what you are thinking. You think that there is no way that Willie Nelson is living somewhere in Indiana across the street from my office. But of course that's where he lives, hiding out from the feds who continuously pursue him for tax and marijuana issues, and from his throngs of fans who mistakenly believe he resides in Austin, Texas.

If you want to catch a glimpse of him, I'd recommend that you come by around 9ish in the morning, when he comes home carrying a white plastic sack from the local grocery, or around 5pm when he sometimes entertains friends (with conversation -- no singing, that would blow his cover) on the lawn.

Seriously? You still don't believe me? Well, I'm probably breaking some significant privacy laws by doing this, but I snapped a pic of him today because I knew you wouldn't take my word for it.

Photobucket

It's not very clear -- I had to take it from my desk. I didn't want to be all obvious standing at the window snapping a picture of a famous country music star who is trying to protect his anonymity. Plus, I didn't want him to send his cowboy henchmen to break my camera either. I do think I did a nice job framing him inside the now-obvious-to-me fingerprints that Robbie left the last time he was here.

So there you have it. My celebrity sighting for the day. Tune in next time when I tell you about what Elvis bought from my garage sale.

6 comments:

Momza said...

Okay it's neat that you got a pic of him.
I'd have been more excited if it were Kevin "love-o-my-life" Costner, but he lives here in Colorado and that makes me so happy I could pop!
Willie Nelson in Indiana--whodathunk?

Amy said...

@momza -- I'll trade you my pic of "Willie Nelson" for a pic of Kevin Costner. :)

Ryan R. said...

My grandma swore that James Earl Jones lived next door to her condo in Anderson, IN. He would be gone for long stretches at a time. I never saw him myself but if my dear grandma said it was true, Darth Vader (at least his voice) must have lived for a time here in Central Indiana!

Micah and Emily said...

I don't know....doesn't seem anorexic enough to pass as good old Willie!

E

Joanne said...

Very cool. We get a lot of celebrities across the street from our office but I have yet to ever see any of them. Venus Williams was just there yesterday -- ok so Electronic Arts is across the street and they have all their sports stars come and go while they are producing video games.

AmysMom said...

He actually did a concert with 2 other country guys here in Dayton at 5th/3rd Field last Friday. I wondered how he/why he came here- guess the 2 hour drive was a draw for him! Have you ever looked at him with binoculars out your office window?