Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, July 4, 2009

The good, the bad, the ugly & the unthinkable

The past few days have been a mixed bag of events.


The good:
  1. I got a cute new haircut. Well, right now it doesn't look so cute, so I'm not going to put up a pic right now. But I do like it. It's not super short, but short enough.
  2. Today Mike and I told Robbie that he will be repeating kindergarten. It went surprisingly well. I'm not sure he understood 100%, but we'll reinforce the idea over the next 6 weeks.
The bad:
  1. We rented "He's Not that into You" tonight and the darn thing stopped about 45 minutes before the end. Frustrating.
  2. I still haven't gotten my bedroom cleaned, though it's been on my "to do" list all week.
The ugly:
  1. The dishwasher is broken -- and no longer under warranty.
  2. The freezer is leaking water (a fair amount of it) into the refrigerator.
  3. The bank socked me with $105 in overdraft fees, even though I made a deposit on the same day they had me overdrafted. "Debits come out first, ma'am." Freakin' bankers. If I ran the bank, what would matter would be the balance at the close of business.
  4. #3 makes repairing #s 1 &2 a bit difficult.
The unthinkable:
A woman that I didn't know, but who was also a member on a local moms' online community, passed away on Thursday. She had been diagnosed with breast cancer less than a month ago. You can see her story here. Please keep Michelle Graddy, her husband and their four children (ages 10-2) in your prayers. Her story makes my "good" seem even better and my "bad" and "ugly" mildly inconvenient in comparison.

1 comments:

Angie Seaman said...

Love your analogies girl. Cracks me up. Also, the story about the woman who passed away this week breaks my heart. Her kids, ages 10-2 (and four of them at that)...just kills me. My heart sunk when I read it. You are so very right - that story makes the bad and the ugly seem like roses, doesn't it? Definitely keeping her family in my prayers. How very, very sad!

Hope you had a FAB 4th of July holiday. Enjoy the rest of that summer. I'll be home in a month. Are you ready to take on the job as my workout buddy? Ha ha!

Hugs, Angie
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angieseamanphotography.blogspot.com
www.agdprayerblog.blogspot.com