Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 5, 2010

Frazzled Friday Frags

"Thank God it's Friday" doesn't even begin to cover how I feel about the end of this week. Frazzled is a good way to describe it. But I'm happy to distract myself with a foray into Mrs. 4444's Friday Fragments.

Mommy's Idea

And lucky us, Mrs. 4444s is having a playdate with Danifred of Sippy Cups are Not for Starbucks (is that the best blog name ever or what?!), who serves up her own fun with Friday Night Leftovers.

Photobucket

With all the great frags and leftovers to click and read, who needs to rent a movie on Friday night?

***********************************
I made the most delicious discovery the other day. Chocolate-covered Peeps! Can you stand it? They come in dark and milk chocolate and are really yummy. They don't have that wonderful gritty sugar that regular Peeps do, but I'll forgive them. Also, the inside marshmallow yumminess is neon yellow, which I could have done without. But of course that didn't stop me from eating the dark chocolate version. I gave the milk chocolate to Mike. Wasn't that nice of me?

chocpeeps

********************************
I used to spend hours watching the TLC channel. It started when I was pregnant with Annie and I got sucked into "A Baby Story." Then came "Trading Spaces." Then "What Not to Wear" and "Say Yes to the Dress."

Now, I'm convinced that TLC stands for "The Little Channel." Seriously, how many shows about little people can one nation watch? "Little People, Big World." "The Little Couple." "Little Chocolatiers." And now "Our Little Family." Big overkill, if you ask me.

********************************
Cilantro lime fish. Sounds yummy, doesn't it? It did to me, too, until I saw it was being offered at Burger King. Thanks, I'll just have a Whopper Jr., no cheese, no mayo, please.

********************************
Being more organized and having a neater, less messy existence is always on my to do list. But there are times that erring on the side of slobbiness is beneficial. Yesterday, for example. I was on the treadmill at the gym when I realized that when I packed my clothes to change into for work (after a shower, thankyouverymuch), I forgot to include a bra. So it was either wear my sweaty sports bra to work -- utter a collective "ewwwww" here -- or stop at the store to buy a new bra to wear.

A few minutes later, still running and still sweating, I remembered...I had a bra in the back seat of my car! For all you gutter-minds out there, it had been in another bag that I'd had to quickly repurpose for one of the kids so I just tossed the bra into the back seat. For once, not adhering to my mother's "Everything Out of the Car" song had paid off!

*******************************
Today I'm wearing the one piece of really gaudy costume jewelry that I own:

flower ring

I bought it for $4 at Global Gifts. I saw it and wanted it, but decided to pass. A few months later, I saw it again and still wanted it so I bought it. Best $4 I've spent in a long while. It's obnoxiously large, but it makes me happy!

*******************************
For those of you following Mike's elephant leg saga (here and here), we're at the orthopod's office right now getting an MRI. I sure hope it's nothing, but if it is, it will be a very expensive nothing.

Update: Just got a call from the doc about Mike's leg. Assuming my best Arnold voice: "It's naht a toomur." It is, however, a big bag a fluid that is pushing all the muscles out and down, causing swelling and pain. I said, "Now you know what it feels like to be pregnant!"

On Monday, the doc is going to attempt to drain it. If that doesn't work or if the fluid looks to be infected, they'll take him straight to surgery.

That's all I've got. Hope you have a fraggin' awesome weekend!

13 comments:

The Crazy Coxes said...

I love TLC - well the shows like "Say Yes to the Dress." Not the littles.

Not a peep lover, but I might have to try the shocloate covered ones.

Good luck with the doctor!

Momza said...

CHOCOLATE COVERED PEEPS????!!!!!
Excuse me while I run to get some!

Rebecca Jo said...

That's funny about TLC - & sad because its TRUE!!!!

I am LOOOOVVVVVINNG your ring! I love big gawdy looking rings... you cant help but flaunt that hand when you have a big ole bling ring on your hand! :)

Cat said...

OMG, I spent $7 on a giant yellow flower ring last week (not my usual style) and I LOVE it. Great minds think alive!

Annie said...

i love that ring mom... imma steal it. ':)

kimybeee said...

You know he is gonna need the surgery, right? The bra thing is hilarious!!!

As for TLC, you nailed it. So much for not staring at people because they are different!

Danifred said...

Thanks for coming over to Leftovers, I love visiting all the news blogs. Now, on to important business...

CHOCOLATE COVERED PEEPS!?!? WHAT?!?!

You'll have to excuse me while I immediately load the children into the car for a Peep run.

And, love that ring. I am a giant fan of the gaudy jewelry! Love, love, lowe.

Jenny McB said...

I just don't get two doctors sending someone to the ER, couldn't they have ordered a stat MRI? Hope hubby can have a comfortable weekend.
mmmm Chocolate peeps, the dark chocolate one sounds delicious.

varangianguard said...

Make sure somebody tests the fluid for uric acid and/or calcium levels. They should know to do that, but, well...

Laura said...

Haha...have totally thought the same thing about TLC...

Anonymous said...

SO TRUE about TLC. I said the exact same thing to my family during the promos for the newest show. Ugh!

Diane
Toronto, ON

P.S. Cute ring. I like it.

Mrs4444 said...

Oh, Jeez! I hope the leg is better soon.

Yeah, the fascination with little people is odd.

Dark chocolate, huh? Mmmm...

I love the ring! It's kind of like being a little kid and dressing up; maybe it takes you back to that feeling.

Beth said...

We all deserve something that makes us happy....and for $4 it was a great splurge.