Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 19, 2010

God, I love this kid!

Well, really, I love all my kids. This week each one of them has left me with those warm, fuzzy "I'm so lucky" feelings.

But for this post, I'm giving the love to Charlie. I swear he's had energy bottled up all winter and now that the sun is out, it's like his cork popped and he's been uncontainable. On Tuesday night, he had 90 minutes of track practice. When he got home, he didn't even come in the house, but went straight to shooting baskets down the street.

Yesterday was the school talent show. Last year, Charlie did a dance to that "you spin my head right round..." song. I didn't even know he was going to do it and had to hear about it from several people who were there.

This year, he picked Michael Jackson's "They Don't Care about Us." I kept telling him he should practice and he kept assuring me that he would be fine. As we sat in the gym and watched all the kids in the school file in and take their places, I started to get nervous for Charlie.

I shouldn't have worried. Oh, he's not going to be recruited for "Dancing with the Stars" anytime soon, but he had some moves:



All that -- by himself -- in front of 500+ people. I love that he has enough self-confidence and enough hunger for the spotlight to put himself out there. Even if I do need to find a pediatric chiropractor or at least some break dancing lessons for him.

14 comments:

Linda said...

Bravo Charlie! Some of my kids attended a performing arts program for high school. Charlie would have fit right in. Just get up and dance!!

Linda

ruth holladay said...

Sign that guy up for gymnastics. He's really good! Or how about dance lessons at Butler? Seriously, he's got a lot of moxie and moves. And what do I know? Just another grammaw but I've seen plenty of talent shows in my day....

Survivormama said...

What a guy! Love it! I wish I could spin on my head (instead my head just spins when I'm mad) lol...He is a brave one that is for sure!

Beth Zimmerman said...

What a cutie! :)

Momza said...

Woohoo! You're doing something right Amy!
My yahoos would rather have their eyes poked out than do that!

Bravo!

Cat said...

Wow! A lot of confidence in one so young!

Anonymous said...

I had no clue he had those moves - way to go Charlie! He reminds me so much of Jeff when he was young.

Eternal Lizdom said...

I LOVE IT!!! And he totally did the worm... and he has got some serious moves!! Get him to a hip hop dance class!

Sharon said...

*I* Love that kid!!!
How awesome. My oldest isn't much younger, and he would not do that.
Good for you, Charlie!! AWESOME!

paula said...

Props to your Charlie! He is so brave! He does have some moves! Confidence is the main ingredient when it comes to dancing so he's well on his way to stardom.

Annie said...

ya know mom to be honest i was sooo nervous too when charlie got out there!!! but he did really well.

Beth Zimmerman said...

Everything okay? Haven't see you in a while! Hope you're just plain too busy to post but I wanted you to know that you ARE missed! :)

Annie said...

@Beth - Thanks. We were traveling this weekend. A quick trip to visit the in-laws.

Shelley said...

Could you please figure out a way to bottle me up some Charlie and send it over here, stat?

What a major cutie!