Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Frags & Leftovers: Did I really say/do/eat that?

Mommy's Idea

Photobucket

Ladies & gents -- It's pre-7am on a Friday morning which means it must be time for Friday Fragments and Friday Night Leftovers (which at this time of day really should be Thursday night leftovers, but I won't split hairs). Thanks once again to our gracious hosts Mrs. 4444s and Danifred.

On this very dark and too-cold-for-Spring-Break Friday morning, I'm asking myself, "Did I really say/do/eat that?!"

Say: It's a tradition at our kids' school that the 7th graders host a graduation reception for the 8th grade class. Guess who volunteered to coordinate that? Yep. Yours truly. Did I really say "yes" to that request?

Do: I finally got my butt back to the gym. With Mike being in the hospital and then unable to drive for a while, it was too easy for me to stop going. It felt good to be back, but did I really go two whole weeks without setting foot in the gym?

Eat:
The last of the Girl Scout cookies are gone, finally. None in the freezer. None hidden in the pantry. But, did I really have to polish off an entire sleeve of Thin Mints just to get them out of here?

Say: Are you ever just on the edge of total frustration and you say something you ordinarily wouldn't? I told one of my kids to "shut up" this week -- twice. In the world of good mommyhood, that's practically a felony. Did I really say that to my kid? Guilty, as charged.

Do: Last night at the Mexican restaurant with my girlfriends, I carried on a "conversation" with the waiter. I had no idea what he was saying and I don't think he knew what I was talking about. But we both smiled and laughed and nodded our heads like we knew exactly what the other person meant. Did I just advance international relations in my little corner of the world?

Eat: Burrito. Chips & salsa. Queso. Guacamole. Coronas, with lime of course. ¿Yo comí realmente todo el eso?

8 comments:

Beth said...

I've been guilty of uttering shut up to my kids. And mine are still little enough that it really is a mommyhood offense. But you know what? It stopped them in their tracks because they know it isn't a nice thing to say! And getting them to close their traps was the ultimate goal.

I still have some girlscout cookies lingering. I've been trying to resist!

varangianguard said...

¿leí realmente todo el eso?

I can Babelfish, too! lol

Even without the Girl Scout cookies I am plateaued on weight loss. Sigh.

The Crazy Coxes said...

Come on over and pick up some girl scout cookies. I think I have four or five boxes on the bottom of the pantry floor. No one will eat them...they want like steak and potatoes and salad and stuff. Weird kids!

I tell my kids to shut up ALL THE TIME. They still keep coming back for more!

Beth Zimmerman said...

Is Mike feeling better now? I wish I had some Thin Mints. I resisted on the sidewalk in front on the Mexican restaurant (where the girls were selling them) because I knew I wouldn't be able to resist if they made it into my house! But now that I'm sitting around waiting for my knee to heal and indulging in a major pity party ... I wish there were some Thin Mints and Samoas (and Key Lime Pie and Praline Pecan Ice Cream with Hot Fudge Sauce) on the party menu! :)

Danifred said...

Proudly, I still have one box of girl scout cookies hidden from my husband. And? They're not even open yet :)

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Confession: polished off a box of Tagalongs....and then got on the treadmill out of guilt. Darn calorie counter made me feel so frustrated that I quickly got off. I'd have to walk/jog for a whole flippin' week nonstop to get rid of those Tagalongs.

Worth it? Yes!

Eternal Lizdom said...

Must have felt really good to get back to the gym!!

And I feel you on the Mommy guilt... the good news is that you can teach a valuable lesson by honestly apologizing for it. ;)

Mrs4444 said...

No hablo espanyol, los ciento.

Glad to know you've gotten back on the horse (gym). Hate to see your hard work be for nothing!

Ditto on the sleeve of Thin Mints. Good thing the sleeves are shorter these days!haha

Did you know that the tradition of 8th grade "graduation" comes from back in the day when most kids quit school after 8th grade to tend their family farms?