Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Monday morning kick in the a$$

A few weeks ago, someone (maybe Mike?) sent me this e-newsletter officially called "Dave Navarro's Stop Settling" newsletter. But when it arrives in my inbox, the subject line is always: "Your Monday morning kick in the ass."

Just like that, with the word ass spelled out and everything. I'm amazed that it makes it through the filters of my work e-mail. Anyway, this Dave Navarro guy is apparently a, well I don't know how to describe what he is. He's an author, having written a book called What's Holding You Back? He has a website/blog called "Rock Your Day: Stop Settling for Less, Start Changing Your Life." He says he helps entrepreneurs get "unstuck."

I haven't spent much time nosing around his blog and I haven't ordered his book (though I might). But I do faithfully read my Monday morning kick. Today's kick was one I thought worth sharing.

Lift someone up.

I won't reprint the whole thing here, but basically the gist is that everyone feels down sometimes and the best way to get out of that is to make someone else feel good. Dave goes on to hand out an assignment -

Each day this week, send someone a quick email. Quick and short. Just say “I really appreciate you because of _____; you’ve made a difference in my life. I just wanted to say thanks.”

(Sure, you can gush if you want, and ignore my ‘quick and short’ command – it’s really just there to get you off your ass so you’ll do it. Write as much as you want, but just write something.)

Each day this week, take 60 seconds to email one person. And watch what happens – you’ll feel better about yourself, in spades.

I'm going to give it a try. Will you?

7 comments:

Shelley said...

Oh, I think that's a fabulous idea! I'll do it too.

Jessica McCoy said...

That sounds awesome! You find the best links to share and I'm so grateful. You shared the Proverbs 31 Ministries and I absolutely love it. Can't wait to check out this one!

Amy said...

@Jessica - Happy to spread the love and happier that you find it worthwhile.

Beth Zimmerman said...

I'm too busy spreading comment love here there and everywhere to mess with e-nail but I will say ...

Amy! I love you and your funny way with with words! Yours was the first blog I ever followed of someone that I didn't know and you changed my life when you inadvertently introduced me to the wonderful world of memes! And if I add anymore blogs to follow I am going to have to give up my OCD habit of posting a comment on every single blog post because this is rapidly becoming a full time job!

Aren't you glad I shared? I am! :)

Beth Zimmerman said...

ps ... I have no idea what e-nail is! I meant e-Mail!

Eternal Lizdom said...

I hope you will come back and share what the reactions are from the people you e-mail. When I do my Facebook Inspirations, I get the best comments on FB and also on my blog when I share them there. We all like to hear the ways that we are valuable so why don't we share it more?

Cat said...

That sounds like a really interesting thing to do!