Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Friday Fragments: Back for more

Mommy's Idea


It's been a while since I've done Friday Fragments, but I hate to miss a good party, so let's frag! Be sure to stop Mrs. 4444s's place for more fragments.

End of an era? I'm contemplating dropping the Biggest Loser blogging after this season. I still love the show, but am not as enthused about the blogging. What do you think?

In with the new. After much consideration, I started a Facebook fan page for the 4th Frog. I actually created it a few weeks ago and kept it under wraps before deciding to go ahead. If you're on Facebook (and who isn't?!), I'd be honored if you joined my fan page.

A good news update. I spoke with the parents of two of the kids I wrote about yesterday. Both were apologetic and said they'd talk with their kid. One kid told Charlie he was sorry today. I hope that's the end of it. (BTW - If you were a 4th Frog fan on FB, you'd already have this update by now. Just sayin'...)

Just plain inspired. There are some great writers/thinkers out there in the blogosphere. Two of them who have made me go hmmmm... lately are Momza with her post on living authentically and Rebecca who wrote about what feels natural. Go check 'em out. You're gonna love 'em.

In case you were wondering...what Mike said in his deleted comment on "From the top down," he reposted it for your reading pleasure.

Tempting...Annie asked this morning if we couldn't just stay home. I didn't say no right away, but alas, I went to work and they went to school. The more I think about it, the more I think this would be fun. Once a year -- maybe once a semester? -- let one kid stay home from school and just have fun goofing around with that kid. Watch a movie. Eat ice cream for lunch. Play video games. Would you do it?

Recharged. With Mike in the hospital and other life junk going on, I felt like I lost the month of March on the weight loss front. But I'm recharged, in a good groove at the gym and in new numbers on the scale. I can see my next mini goals -- another 4 pounds by the end of the month, a total of 9 more pounds lost by the end of May -- and I feel confident I can do it. That feels good.

Think that's all the news that's fit to print. Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Nate's Mom said...

Hang in there Amy. Your life makes me tired. I have already forgotten what specifically I wanted to comment on. My brain is mush. 5 more weeks of grad school, then I will be back in the blogging world. I am so looking forward to it!

Sheri in CA

WV: weakeen - I think that is how you spell the two days of homework that come after the five days of work and classes. Or, maybe it's the status of my brain right now.

Sharon said...

My mom used to take turns keeping us home from school just for the fun of it. Sometimes we'd go to a movie, sometimes shop, often pig out and watch naughty shows on tv! LOL (she had to watch her soap, and there was no dvr)

Mike Magan said...

Awesome about the weight goals. When you do well, you inspire me to do well (sometimes).

Mary Jo said...

A day of playing hookie with a child is awesome. Do it. It will let your kids know that life doesnt always have to be rigid and played by such exact rules. It's ok to take time for themselves or to be with someone important in their lives. Family first - always!

Coby said...

In high school, my mom let me play hookie once a semester. As long as my grades were up and I had all my assignments turned in. Although she still went to work, so I chilled at home by myself and read books and watched soap operas...I say go for it! Kids need "personal days" too! ;-)

Momza said...

Tempting: We call it "playing hookie"---and we DO it at least once a year! I highly recommend it!
And a big fat hug for your reference to my post! I had no idea!!!
Hang in there on your weight goals.
I've lost 10 lbs so far on the South Beach Diet and feel like I finally found something I can live with!

mimbles said...

I let my kids skip going to sports carnivals sometimes, mostly because I remember how much I hated them myself. But we don't do anything special instead - perhaps we should, it'd be fun.

Beth Zimmerman said...

You are doing awesome!

I would miss your Biggest Loser humor but I totally understand the need for a new era.

I say go for it (on personal days for the kids). Why not! Emotional growth and bonding with mom is more important than whatever they miss in school that one day anyway!

Carolee Hollenback said...

I started homeschooling this year so my daughter has a special day with me everyday (though she may not think EVERY day is so special!)

Have a great weekend.

Shauna said...

We do "mental health days". Even kids need them sometimes. We were homeschooled, but my mom would schedule a day off for us and we'd go to the movies or to the park or just do something fun.

-Shauna

Cat said...

I would definitely do a day a year where you have a special day with your child. Sounds like fun. Just make a basic rule that it can't be a day when any tests/papers are due.

I could take or leave the biggest loser stuff- I prefer to read about your life.

LOL at Mike's comment!

Mrs4444 said...

I think that if you're not into the BL blogging, you should let it fade. That said, I'm sure you've inspired people.

Loved Rebecca's post-thanks for sharing the link :)

Yes, I would definitely let me kids stay home once or twice a year. Tomorrow is Senior Skip Day, and I've already called Kyle in. I figure that he works hard and is only young once. Why not!