My plan was to get up this morning and do it before we had to leave for Charlie's track meet. Which would have worked swimmingly -- if I'd gone to the grocery store last night. But I didn't. So that moved to first on the list. As I was grocery shopping, I put together a list of viable reasons why the grass wasn't cut in case someone asked. Here's what I came up with:
Top 10 excuses for not mowing the lawn
- It's too early in the morning. Don't want to wake the neighbors.
- I didn't want to get that yucky green stain on my workout shoes.
- I'm observing Earth Day.
- All that fluffy green complements the blue shutters on the house.
- I'm starting a collection of letters from the homeowners association.
- I couldn't decide what pattern to mow in -- horizontal or vertical stripes?
- All those dandelions have such a pretty yellow color.
- I'm thinking about getting a pet goat and it's got to have something to eat.
- Operating a lawn mower is not ladylike.
- It's too late at night. Don't want to wake the neighbors.