Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Must not sit

It's Saturday at 8:11am and I have already made the first mistake of the day.

I sat down.

My to-do list is a mile long and quite evident as I look around the house at the kitchen that needs to be picked up; the piles of laundry waiting to be washed, dried, folded and put away; the blankets strewn about the family room. Don't even get me started on my bedroom. If I were my mother, I would have a fit at the condition of the bedroom. I could go on, but it will start getting depressing.

Even if I look out the window for a little mental escape, I see grass that needs its first mowing and last fall's ornamental grasses that need to be cut down before they away across the neighbors' yards. Then there's the preparing a spot for the tomato and pepper plants I bought from the school flower sale.

There is so much to get done in one short weekend. Add track practice, a birthday party, church, youth ministry cosmic bowling and a track meet into the fray and I'm exhausted thinking about it. Of course, the kids can help -- with some pointed direction and much oversight.

The key, really, is to not sit down. But the family room couch is so inviting, its cushions caved in just the right place for my rear end. And if that's not enough, the laptop is sitting right there, calling to me to just check my e-mail for a minute or two that soon becomes 45 or 60 or 90.

Today, though, I am determined to fight the good fight! I will make a to do list! I will not be distracted by a movie on TV or by catalogs that come in the mail! I will turn off the computer and leave it turned off! I will not sit down! I will be productive and I will feel good at the end of the day for all the things I've accomplished!

Right after I pop over to Facebook.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Go Amy, Go!!!
:)

I have a ton to do. Already started the laundry, but before anything else, I am fueling myself w/ a cup or 2 of coffee (in front of the tv, since hubby took the kids somewhere).

Then I'll join you in non-stop-no-sitting mode.
Fight!!!

Cat said...

Hahahahaha, I know this exact feeling. If I succumb to
the siren song of my laptop, I can kiss my morning goodbye.

Guess what I'm on right now? LOL

Kathleen said...

Oh, this is SO me. But you're my last stop on the internet, so off to accomplish something now! :)

kimybeee said...

stop copying me!

mimbles said...

There's been a fair bit of this going on at my place since we got back from our trip. There's still laundry to be done, we haven't washed the reenactment costumes yet and the chests full of dark ages camping stuff are sitting in the loungeroom waiting for someone to sort through them and put them away properly. Oh well, slow and steady etc - it'll be ok as long as we get it done before the kids go back to school next week.