Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Old lady shoes

Annie made her theatrical debut in the school musical last night. It was a fun show called "Friday Night Fever." She played Mrs. Koonsman, the high school chess club sponsor.

I wish I had a picture to post here because the dress she was wearing looked a whole lot like our family room couch. The outfit was completed with panty hose and a pair of black shoes. But the pictures are stuck in Annie's camera and I can't find the cord to connect it to my computer.

Anyway, back to the outfit. The school provided the dress; we had to provide the hose and the shoes. Last Wednesday night, I was at a work event late when I got a text message from Annie.

Annie: Mom, I HAVE to have old lady shoes for rehearsal tomorrow.

Me: Sorry. Goodwill will be closed by the time I get home. Just tell them we'll have them in time for the play.

Annie: Ok.

Five minutes later, my phone buzzed again with another text message.

Annie: Mom, I went in your closet and found the perfect shoes.

Me: You did?

Annie: Yes, they are black with a small heel and a buckle.

Me: Those are NOT old lady shoes -- I JUST BOUGHT those shoes!

Guess who is shopping for new black shoes this weekend?

6 comments:

Joanie said...

I literally laughed out loud when I read that you own old lady shoes!!

Now go buy some sexy stilettos!

Momza said...

LOL I knew it was coming....

Shauna said...

When I was 15 my mom used to love these black shoes with a square toe and a square buckle right on top. They were her favorites. I called them her pilgrim shoes.

I am happy to say that my mom doesn't wear pilgrim shoes anymore, and that her shoe collection makes me jealous.

I think this has less to do with the fact that she is making better fashion choices, and more to do with the fact that I am getting older. ;)

Indianapolis Amy said...

Too funny. Someone just recently made fun of a pair of my sandals and called them "old lady."

Have fun shoe shopping:) Take pics and post what you end up buying... a before and after!

Cat said...

HAHAHAHAHA. Daughters...

Shelley said...

Ouch. Sometimes, you just wanna pull a kid's hair, don't you? :>)