Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Career advice from a 14-year-old

We were talking about places the kids can work when they get a little older. I told them they were lucky to have so many places near us where they could get a job.

“You could work at Target or Marsh or Subway…” I offered.

“I’m gonna work at a video game store,” said Charlie.

“But, you could a bag boy at the grocery," I said. "That would be a great job for you. You get to move around and go outside all day.”

“Nope,” Charlie insisted. “I’m gonna work at a video game store.”

Which is when Annie chimed in.

“Charlie, at least at the grocery store you could meet girls. At the video game store, you’ll only meet geeks.”

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Holy cow! You know what that means? Annie knows the best places to meet, gasp!, boys!

CWMartin said...

Annie should be a psychologist. She's got base motivations down pat.

Beth Zimmerman said...

I'm thinking maybe you should encourage the video store! MUCH safer!

Bethany said...

I like the way she thinks! You've got a smart one :)