Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 21, 2011

Sock issues

About a month ago, I was at my gym doing a video shoot for IN Shape Indiana. I told Jason, whom I've come to regard as my own personal camera guy, to be sure to get a shot of my feet because I was actually wearing matching socks. The marketing gal from the gym looked at me like I was crazy. Clearly, she does not have sock issues.

I, on the other hand, have sock issues. In theory, I love socks, especially the fun ones. In practice, socks do not love me. Socks in our house get thrown into a basket...which is currently about two baskets...and only get matched about once a year when I'm in the mood for a Netflix movie marathon.

In the mornings when the kids say, "Mom, I need socks," I cringe. I hate hearing that because the likelihood that they will find socks that a.) match, b.) fit and c.) don't have holes in them is about as high as the likelihood that I will be crowned Miss America tomorrow. To their credit, the kids have learned to roll with the sock punches. They grab two socks that are "close enough," though I do draw the line at Robbie wearing Mike's socks. Annie even makes it part of her personal style, often choosing two mismatched, but complementary socks.

I have thrown out all the socks in the house and started over with brand news socks, only to end up with mismatched basketsful again.

Mike is not immune to the complications of hosiery. He is notorious for snagging a pair or two of his dad's socks every time we go visit his parents (though I think now he does it just to egg his dad on a bit). For his 30th birthday, I asked people to bring 30 of something. His dad brought him 30 black socks.

Given all that, when I opened my e-mail and saw this deal from Eversave, I had to laugh:


I am SO buying this one.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was growing up, I was only allowed to throw out socks and underwear if they wouldn't stay on my body anymore because of the holes. I feel so spoiled that my husband lets me get rid of clothing with holes in it! I end up buying all the same brand/style of white socks so they're easy to match up.