Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ice-pocalypse

I definitely got my wish. Indianapolis is one big ice rink. My office and the kids' school is closed for the second day in a row. Fortunately, we haven't had any trouble with our power, though others haven't been so lucky. My sister's power was off for a few hours.

Here are some pictures I took yesterday afternoon, before the really serious ice hit. I don't think I'll be heading outside to take any more today. I just let the dog out and the wind is crazy wild.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As much as I was all for staying in the house -- even canceled my root canal -- Charlie was all about going outside and enjoying the weather. He even used the sled to "snowboard" down the backyard. (He was wearing a helmet when he was doing it on the driveway.)


Sorry to make you turn  your head. I always forget that I can't turn the camera long-wise when the video recorder is rolling.

Hope you're snug and safe wherever you are today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was awakened at 1 a.m. to the sound of tree branches blowing against the house. This morning the yard is littered with pieces of tree branches ranging from a few inches to several feet in length. But, we didn't get the ice that you show in your pictures.

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to sit here in a mild weather climate and enjoy the snow vicariously without the discomfort.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Happy Grond Hog's Day!