Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, February 4, 2011

Frozen fragments

Mommy's Idea

I'm sure the "Frozen Fragments" title will be about as original in this icy week as "ice, ice baby." But I've been in the house since Monday, so my creativity might be a little stifled.

*********

Today is the kids' 4th snow day/ice day in a row. Overall, they've held up well. One saving grace was the fact that the slope of our backyard made a terrific sledding hill -- as long as they stopped themselves before hitting the neighbors' fence. I can't believe how many hours my kids and their friends spent out there sledding, with and without sleds. Here's the gang:

Photobucket

The boys tried to convince me to try a little body sledding myself. The results were less than spectacular:

Photobucket

*********

Annie and I cracked under the pressure of nature-imposed house arrest yesterday afternoon. She was teenager-cranky and I was in the mood to push buttons. So I highjacked her Facebook page and posted "Waaaahhhhh! I M soooooooooooooooo bored...so I'm b'in crabby to my fam just 4 fun." I thought it looked and sounded like something a teenager would post. She didn't see the humor in it, which of course made it all the more fun for me.

**********

I've often thought I'd like to push the pause button on the world so I could catch up on all the stuff that I never seem to get done. Well, if there was ever a pause button to be had, this ice storm was it. And guess what? I didn't get much done. Sigh...where's a type A personality when you need one?

**********

We're 9 days away from Annie & Robbie's birthdays. I guess we'd better be deciding how we plan to celebrate. I suggested Annie take a friend or two to get a mani-pedi and Robbie could have the bigger party this year. She protested, saying, "I don't want a big party. I just want to invite..." then she proceeded to name 10 kids. Clearly, "big" is in the eye of the beholder.

I think the deep freeze has gone to my brain because that's all the fragments I have today. Not enough? Visit Mrs. 4444s for more Friday Fraggers.

6 comments:

Karen and Gerard said...

I loved having snow days--don't get them now that I'm working though. Boo hoo. Like the picture of the kids buried in the snow--very cute!

Shame on you for posting on your daughter's Facebook page--tsk, tsk.

Visiting from FF.

Kay said...

i remember sledding for hours and HOURS when i was younger. i still love the white stuff... i know, weird. but you got a good go in!! yay!!

i am not looking forward to teenagers.. might ship them off during that phase...

Caution/Lisa said...

I love that comment about bigger is in the eyes of the beholder. Sooo true. My daughter will be 16 this year and asked for a bigger party. I thought 20; she meant 50+.

Shell said...

At least your kids were able to get out into the snow!

qandlequeen said...

Ooooooh! I want a PAUSE button.

Danifred said...

I love that you gave it a try! You rock Mama!