Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 7, 2011

Milk money

Photobucket


See this kid? His name is Robbie and he is a milk-aholic. He probably drinks at least a gallon of milk by himself every week. There are worse things to be addicted to. (I know, I know...Diet Coke)


I'm not especially particular about the milk I buy. Usually the store brand skim. But there are plenty of more informed consumers who are picky about the milk they serve at home. If you're one of them and you live in Central Indiana, listen up.


Nature's Farm is a dairy located in West Lafayette, Indiana. If you're into the slow food/local food movement, you might want to check out Nature's Farm. Nature's Farm employs small Indiana farms to raise dairy cows using a special feeding system that increases the amount of Omega-3 and CLA fatty acids -- reportedly good for human heart and brain health -- that the cows produce. No hormones are added to the milk either. 


The result is healthy, tasty milk that is hormone and additive free produced right here in the Hoosier state. 


The 4th Frog Blog is definitely not a coupon or deal finders website. However, Nature's Farm sent me some certificates to try their milk for free. Whole milk, 2%, 1% and skim are sold by the half-gallon at 16 Marsh stores (see below) and a handful of other supermarkets. As you might expect, Nature's Farm milk is more pricey than the store brand. The price at Marsh was $3.99/half gallon -- though it was on sale 2/$4 today.


Seem a little steep? Keep reading...


I served the Nature's Farm skim milk tonight at dinner. Annie mentioned that she thought it smelled different, though I didn't notice it. The boys didn't say anything -- except Charlie who asked for more because he had chugged his glass before I'd finished pouring everyone else's. 


In addition to the free milk certificates (good for 2.5 gallons) I received, Nature's Farm also sent me beacoup de coupons to share. If you live in Central Indiana and would like to try Nature's Farm milk, I have $2 off and $1 off coupons to distribute. Here's how you can get yours:

  1. Follow me on this blog or like the 4th Frog Facebook page
  2. Send an e-mail to me -- 4thFrog70 at gmail dot com -- letting me know you want some Nature's Farm coupons. I'll give you an address where you can send a self-addressed stamped envelope.
  3. Send your SASE to me and I'll send back your coupons. 
I won't record or keep your address. I'll just drop the coupons in your envelope and send them on to you. I'll send at least $3 worth of coupons, maybe more depending on the response. The first 20 people who respond get the coupons. I should get more coupons next month, so I can send them to anyone who doesn't get them this month. 



Marsh stores that carry Nature's Farm milk:
2904 S. St. Rd. 135
Greenwood, IN 46143


320 N. New Jersey
Indianapolis, IN 46204



6965 W. 38th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46254



843 E Main St
Brownsburg, IN 46112



5830 W. 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46278



1435 W. 86th St
Indianapolis, In 46260



2350 Broad Ripple Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46220



2140 E. 116th Street
Carmel, In 46032



12520 116 Th St
Fishers, IN 46038



11625 Fox Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46236



715 S. Tillotson
Muncie, IN 47304



1500 W. McGalliard
Muncie, IN 47304



208 E Southway Blvd
Kokomo, In 46902



2250 Teal Rd
Lafayette, In 47905



2410 North Salisbury Street
West Lafayette, IN 47906



3825 State Road 26 E.
Lafayette, IN 47905

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I lived closer!
I have a little girl who loves milk too!

Michelle said...

(That last comment was from me!! It didn't "take" for some reason!)

Momza said...

We have our milk delivered too--its Royal Crest milk and is hormone-blah-blah free and we only get the 1 1/2 % too. The kids love it.
I have been trying Almond Milk and like that too.

Cathy said...

if you need to get rid of any leftover coupons, I will walk down and take them off your hands - I'm all about saving money (or free)! =) (Going to need the milk with girl scout cookies being delivered this weekend!!)

Jessica McCoy said...

When I saw the title of your post I first thought about that movie "Milk Money" ... loved that movie LOL.

I am in TX of course so I can't benefit from the coupons but my hubs goes through at least a gallon a week by himself. He loves cereal for breakfast or a snack.

"The Queen of Free" said...

Love me a good coupon. :) When will I see you next so I can save a stamp? ;)

Eternal Lizdom said...

I'm going to have to check this out- it's right up my alley!!

Anonymous said...

this milk is like none other . . I cant believe the difference. . I didnt think milk would ever taste this good again . .