Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 4, 2011

Finally fragments

Mommy's Idea

Whew! Does anyone else feel like it took Friday for-ev-er to get here this week? As a little reward to myself for making it through the week, I'm playing in Mrs. 4444s Friday Fragments sandbox. When you're finished here, be sure to head over to Mrs. 4444s to link up to other fragment fans.

* My post about my struggles with food, Food Fight, brought about a lot of comments, all of which I appreciate. Many of you told me you felt much the same -- which is one of the great things about the blogosphere. But the ones that really stuck with me were the ones that basically told me to get over myself. That my focus is not in the right place. I needed to hear it and I'm grateful that we can be real with each other. So thanks.

* Another place I'd like for you to visit today is The Lazy Christian. I've got a guest post over there, which provides a bit of an update regarding me stepping outside of my own self and reaching out to help others in need. I wish the news were better, but I plan to do something about that today.

*  Tomorrow night is date night! Woohoo! We haven't had one of those in a long time. We plan to go see The King's Speech with a gift card we got for Christmas.

* Some good things are happening on the job front. That's all I can say, but keep praying for the right things to happen.

* My goal for the weekend is to get the laundry folded and put away and to get my bedroom cleaned. Anything else will be gravy. What's on your agenda for this weekend?


Whatever you plan to do (or not do!), I hope it's a good one.

10 comments:

Kay said...

that would be a bit harsh to hear, but i am glad you took 'get over it' in stride. i don't necessarily struggle with food, just getting the weight off. finding time to exercise... that's a killer for me.

this weekend, we are hoping to get out of this house!!! been cooped up with the yucky bug going around :-(


will pray for the job, i hope that really takes off and goes well!

Momza said...

I so want to see The King's Speech too!
This weekend we're expecting snow--
but that doesn't always slow us down.
The Boofus and Mr. W are camping out tonight with the Scouts. No kidding.
The Caboose has a slumber party she's going to.
I'm hoping to finish a home staging project I started last week before sickness took camp in our house.
And cleaning the study!
Have a great weekend!

Stacy said...

That does seem a bit harsh, but I have to admit I haven't read the post yet. Still, even if it's true...

I'm with Tettelestai...I don't struggle with food. Me and food? We're tight like twizzlers! It's the diets and exercising I'm always going round and round with.

Shell said...

Enjoy your date night!

Shell said...

Enjoy your date night!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job thing!

I did all the cleaning and laundry today - so hopefully I get to have a nice relaxing (ha ha ) weekend!

kimybeee said...

i typed a huge comment and then lost it all! to summarize, i love you like you are and i am so glad you are my internet friend! sorry that i was a butt head, please forgive me!!

Rachael said...

I have tons of laundry to put away too - I always get it clean and folded, but then it doesn't make it to the closets!

Enjoy your date night - I want to see that movie too!

Amy said...

@Kimybeee -- Not a butthead. A friend.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.