Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Bite-size bits

Sharing is a good thing
On Thursday night, it was "girls night out." Four of us went to a popular downtown restaurant because one of my friends had a $100 gift card. Now, at this particular restaurant, $100 could feed about 1-1/4 people. So we did the sharing thing. We split a bottle of wine, ordered two shrimp cocktails, split a pestolicious Tuscan pizza, divvied up an appetizer of bacon wrapped scallops and saved room for an amazing chocolate brownie with candied pecans and vanilla ice cream. Of course the best dish was the girl talk!

***

Last night at about 8pm, all our trick-or-treaters had come back home and were counting their loot. The bowls of candy to be passed out were gone when a few last minute stragglers came to the door. I was about to turn them away, but Annie brought her bag to the door and gave them treats from her own stash. She's a great kid.

Photobucket

Shout out to my sisters
This one is long overdue -- thanks to my sisters Angie and Shelley who both made a special effort to pass along my blog URL to their friends. Now that's love! If you're reading this because one of my sisters told you to, please leave me a comment and let me know.

Photobucket

Blog awards
Now, these are a little bit like popularity contests in high school, I think. But since I would have killed to win one of those -- ok, I was voted "Most Outgoing Female," I'm just as happy to be tagged by a couple of other bloggers with following:

Gold card award
Gold Blogging Friends Forever. Thanks to Vicki over at Bittyman for this one.

The Blogging Friends Forever Rules are:
1. Only five people allowed.
2. Four have to be dedicated followers of your blog.
3. One has to be someone new, or recently new to your blog, or live in another part of the world.
4. You must link back to whoever gave you the 'Blogging Friends Forever' award.

So I'm passing the Gold BFF to:
***
Big red puffy heart award
Shannon at Gabi's World nominated me for the "I Big Red Puffy Heart Your Blog" award. Thanks Shannon! So I'm passing it along to:
Now I'm pretty sure Sue and Sensei don't have a clue who I am or that The Fourth Frog even exists. But, I really do love their blogs, so I thought I'd tell them so. And I'm hoping that a big, red puffy heart award coaxes Sensei back to the keyboard after his recent appendectomy.

Photobucket

I have to ask
I've noticed several people have landed on The Fourth Frog from MOPS.org. Just curious how you all found me from there. So if you're visiting here from over at MOPS, leave me a comment and tell me what brought you over to my lily pad.

7 comments:

Annie said...

My first blog award! Thank you!

Annie said...

PS I was voted "Best Female Laugh"!

Eternal Lizdom said...

Cool!! I'm gonna go blog about this!! How will I ever decide who to pass it along to??

Eternal Lizdom said...

And to add my own PS...

I was voted "Bookworm" in junior high. And my high school didn't do that sort of thing. Ha!

Sharon said...

Congrats on the blog awards & thanks for spreading the love. :)

Most outgoing female? Seems about right.
I was voted Most Witty. Heh.

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Thanks for the award! Have you tried clicking on the link that is from the MOPS address to see what it is? Are you using sitemeter?

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy...it's Heather, Ang's roommate from college! I just wanted to leave you a quick note and tell you how I truly enjoy reading your blog. Angie had sent us a link a while back. I have been following for a while and can always count on a laugh!