Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 3, 2008

Woo hoo! Aw shucks! Oh @#&%!

Woohoo!
I took Robbie to the oral surgeon today for a consult to have three baby teeth extracted. Our dental insurance only covers 60% of the bill, so I was not looking forward to the estimate, not to mention the thought of having my little guy go through all that.

The surgeon came in today, looked at Robbie's teeth and pointed out that all three of them are a bit loose. The prescription? Wiggle the heck out of those teeth for the next month in hopes that we can get them to come out on their own. Even if the Tooth Fairy left him $100 for each of those teeth, it would still be cheaper than paying for the oral surgery. And a whole lot more fun for Robbie.

Aw shucks!
There is a McD's right near the oral surgeon's office. I suggested to Robbie that we get a little snack after his appointment in celebration of the good news. You could've knocked me over with the Tooth Fairy's wing when he said "no." Boy, I was looking forward to a milkshake. So I drove real slowly and asked the question in about three different ways. Unfortunately, the answer was always the same. "No thanks, Mom, I just want to go home." Bummer for me.

Oh @#&%!
Last night I woke up about 2:30am and decided to do some laundry. (I told you I don't sleep.) While I was waiting for the washer to finish so I could move those clothes to the dryer, I opened up my laptop to do a little mid-of-the-night surfing.

This is what greeted me:


At this point, it was about 3am and I'm thinking a blank screen with a question mark file folder can't be good. But I didn't panic. I re-started the computer. Hello, flashing question mark file folder.

I re-started and unplugged the computer. Nope, that didn't do it.

I re-started and unplugged the computer, took out the battery and put it back in. Apparently, that doesn't make the blinky question mark go away either.

So today, Mike took my laptop to the Apple store. This is where the "Oh @#&%!" comes in. The hard drive is dead. As in non-functioning, as in no time to ask it its last wishes or to deliver the last rites. And the warranty expired about 8 weeks ago. Again, "Oh @#&%!".

Tonight I am using Mike's laptop, surfing on borrowed time. Guess I'll have to sign off here and go wiggle Robbie's teeth.

7 comments:

Annie said...

Isn't it always the way that as soon as the warranty is over, everything breaks?! We're going through the exact thing with my little's hearing aid. Warranty expired about a month ago and I just took it in to be sent off for repair today. Blah!! I hope the apple store works its magic for you and you have your beloved Mac back soon!

Anonymous said...

Lucky! My daughter has had 11 baby teeth and 4 adult teeth removed by the oral surgeon. Her adult teeth were threatening to erupt in front of her baby teeth, so we had to have them pulled (in stages, not all at once). Needless to say, the insurance only covered part of the procedures. She now has a $1500 "spacing appliance" in her mouth, which will probably be followed by braces...

Keep wiggling, Robbie! Keep wiggling!

~ April ~ EnchantedDandelions said...

I'm so glad Robbie doesn't have to have the teeth pulled. I had 2 baby teeth pulled when I was 8 or 9, and I still remember it very vividly. :(

OH NO at the hard-drive dying! Tell me you had pictures, documents, etc. backed up! Good luck getting fixed- I hope it doesn't cost an arm and leg (or tooth!).

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I have run across so many blogs lately that their apple laptop's hard drive suddenly died. I am seeing an eerie trend here.

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Oh and great news about the teeth... now you can use the money you saved to fix your laptop. ;)

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

And one more thing... Thanks a lot... now I want a shake!

Mike Magan said...

Your mac lives, sort of.

I had to perform a brain transplant, so the hard drive from my computer is now in your computer, but your hard drive is dead. Luckily, your most important docs are on this website.

I'll be expecting a post that says it's great to have a nerdy husband willing to sacrifice his computer so you can blog another day.