Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Revolt against the (Burger) King

So I'm sitting here this morning watching the Disney Channel with Robbie when a Burger King commercial comes on promoting their next BK Kid's toy campaign: The Simpsons. The Simpsons? The Simpsons!

BK + Homer Simpson = Angry mom


Now I don't have much against The Simpsons in the right context. I even though The Simpsons Movie was entertaining. But this is NOT a show or a brand that is appropriate for children.

The television show is rated TV-14 and the movie is PG-13. (You want details, click here or here.) So what genius over at Burger King decided putting Simpsons toys in kids' meals was a great idea?

I can just see it now, kids sitting at BK with their fries, quoting the movie..."What a bountiful pen..."

What makes this even more perplexing is the amount of time, energy and likely money that BK has spent promoting its commitment to children's healthy lifestyles. So what better role model than an obese dude whose dietary staples consist of donuts and beer and whose idea of physical activity is excercising his thumb over the TV remote.

If Simpsons toys in kids meals leave you irritated, outraged or befuddled, give BK an earful at:

Burger King Corporation
5505 Blue Lagoon Drive
Miami, Florida 33126

Or call BK Consumer Relations at 305-378-3535 Monday - Friday from 9 am to 5 pm EST.

I plan to tell them that "having it my way" means keeping kids meals for kids. And until that happens neither I, nor my family, will be having it at all.

3 comments:

Annie said...

The Simpson's?! You've got to be kidding. I'll give them a call on Monday morning!

Vicki aka Diva Mom said...

We never eat there anyway (think their food is nasty) but I'll still give them a call. Crazy.

~ April ~ EnchantedDandelions said...

Yikes! I'm a huge Simpson's fan, but I would not let my young-enough-for-a-kid's-meal child watch it!!