Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Language that makes you blush

One thing I've noticed in my wanderings about the blogosphere is the number of bloggers who seem to have no trouble using, um, "colorful" language in their blog posts. We're talking the B word, the D word, the F word, the S word and often compound variations of the above.

I just can't do it. Maybe it's because my mother sometimes reads my blog. Maybe it's because members of my church read it. Maybe it's because I know Annie sometimes takes a peek. For whatever reason, I cannot, will not cuss in my blog (though some of the Biggest Loser entries have led me pretty close!).

What's funny about this is that in real life, when I'm talking to co-workers or Mike or the @#&%$ who cuts me off in traffic, I don't have any trouble using that kind of language. I'd like to say that I'm restrained in front of the kids, but truth be told, they've heard me say a few choice words on more than one occasion. If it weren't for motion sickness, I could fit in with the swarthiest of sailors.

But what my mouth will say, my fingers refuse to type. Until the evil Vicky on the Biggest Loser pushes them over the edge.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Blog award on my blog! Grab, put it on your blog and then pass it along to someone else! :)

Anonymous said...

As a former resident of NYC, I have no trouble using colorful language out loud,in public,or even in front of young children. (Just ask my kids who are no longer young. )

But like you, I think it just looks very wrong in print! So I guess my blog will continue to be "g" rated..

Amy said...

@Lorraine -- Glad to know I'm not the only one!