Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 24, 2008

More than his share

When Mike & I got married, we were told that marriage is not a 50-50 proposition. That in successful marriages, the ratio is 100-100 -- each giving his or her all to the relationship. Well, I have a confession to make. I'm only firing at about 70% these days and Mike has been picking up my slack.

Now, I'm not gonna make this a long entry because I don't want it to come back and bite me in the "hinder," as my Wisconsin-bred boss says. But, seeing as Mike is in the basement right now scanning a picture for me when he really wants to be sitting in his chair watching a movie, I felt compelled to give him a little bit of public props. (When he finds out the ad he is scanning for me is just for a blog entry, I might owe him a bit more than a nod of the frog blog.)

In addition to being the 4th Frog tech support team, he has also done a few other things for which I am tremendously grateful. Things like finding my camera:

Photobucket

And putting gas in my car because he knows I hate to do it. And chaperoning the 6th grade overnight camping trip, for which I would have to be seriously medicated. And re-arranging the dining room furniture just because I asked him to (though I would have kept nagging him to do it, so that might have been a little self-serving on his part).

So in this season of gratitude, honey, I wanted to say "Thanks. I really appreciate all you do for me."

Now, can you get me a Diet Coke?

0 comments: