Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The 12 blogs of Christmas: #5 -- Soccer Mom's got the spirit

soccer ornament

Through the obsession with -- I mean the magic of -- Facebook, I recently reconnected with my friend Lori. She and I met in the lobby of a major pharmaceutical corporation where we were both starting that day as members of the media relations department. If I remember correctly, it was the Monday before Thanksgiving and no one was exactly waiting for us to arrive. We should have taken that as a sign of things to come.

After spending nearly three years writing ridiculously long and convoluted press releases that no one but the legal department was happy with, she and I both left said pharma company to embark on lives as mothers and freelance writers. Aside from the occasional run-in at the grocery store, we haven't been in touch much. But Facebook changed that; Lori found The 4th Frog and I found her blog, A Soccer Mom Speaks.

A few days ago, I read her entry Christmas hits and knew I had to link to the post as soon as I read "Christmas shopping used to mean hunting for something your loved one really wanted; today it's all about finding that one thing your loved one doesn't have."

Then all this RIDEMAKERZ mania happened and I didn't get to it. So tonight, when I went back to Lori's blog to link to her post, I was treated to another link-worthy entry, Mom tunes. Where Christmas hits might leave you a little teary, Mom tunes will have you giggling and singing along.

And the best part? The legal department doesn't get any say!

1 comments:

Lori said...

Thank you for the memories, Amy. I remember that fateful Monday, when we sat in our tailored suits thinking we were about to start our dream jobs.

I'm flattered to be part of your blog. You do a great job.