Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 9, 2010

A day worth singing about

We did indeed go to the great Indiana State Fair yesterday and had a terrific time. The boys and I stayed for 9 hours -- a family record!. (Annie and Mike petered out about 2 hours before we did.) I have so much to say about our day, but I'll save it for the Indiana Insider blog.

Instead, I want to share with you Robbie's response to our excursion. We got in the car, tired and dusty. I asked if they had a good time. Rob said, "Yep! We should sing a song!"

Now, I love to sing in the car. But my kids don't love for me to sing, so his suggestion took me completely by surprise. When I asked him what he wanted to sing, he came up with this impromptu little ditty, which he then sang again for the camera.

(Make sure your volume is turned up. He was so tired, it's a little quiet.)

4 comments:

Eternal Lizdom said...

Please tweet this and tag the IndyStateFair!!! AWESOMENESS!! He is soooo tired and sweet!!

Anonymous said...

Love the ending - 'and that's how we sing about the fair. See ya!"

Doreen McGettigan said...

That was so sweet..stop over; I have an award for you! But I think you already saw!

Mrs4444 said...

That was so precious. This is going up as one of my SS favorites this week. I love how they sing together in a few parts, knowing what the other is going to say. I also love how danged beat they are, but still overflowing with joy :)