Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, August 19, 2010

A beautiful thing

There's an application on Facebook called "God wants you to know..." Each day there is a new message and often, the message is eerily applicable to my life.

A few weeks ago, this was the message I received:


... that God loves in you even that which you dislike. God doesn't partition you into pieces and loves some and not loves others. That's what people do. That's what you do. God, who created you, accepts and loves every little part of you, even those you deny and hate in yourself. So next time you try to dislike a part of you, just pause, look and remember that God loves it.

I was reminded of that message as I was looking in the mirror at the zits on my nose that seem to have mistaken me for a 13-year-old and the gray hairs on my head that have pegged me as being in my 60s.  It's a good reminder when I am being hard on myself for being disorganized or indecisive or having eaten 1/2 a package of refrigerated cookie dough. God loves in me even that which I dislike!

That's not to say that God doesn't see any room for improvement, that he wouldn't be honored by more effort on my part in some areas of my life. But believing that God loves me right where I am, right now -- that, my friends, is a beautiful thing. 


What about you do you need to look at through God's eyes?

2 comments:

Nancy C said...

God must love my doubt, because it makes my faith all the stronger.

Momza said...

I really enjoyed this blog, Amy.
We all need to reminded of Heavenly Father's love for all of us.