Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Consequences

easter m and ms Pictures, Images and Photos

Last night when I got home from work, I didn't put my shoes away. So this morning, when I was in a hurry to get out the door, I couldn't find them. Instead of the black penny loafers I wanted to wear, I threw on a pair of black slingback heels.

On the way to work, I nibbled on some pastel-colored M&Ms I had hidden in the car so the kids wouldn't find them and eat them all. I decided I'd better leave the M&Ms in the car so I wouldn't eat them all, which was sure to happen if I took them into my office with me.

But those little candies were calling to me after I finished my lunch of half a Starbucks breakfast sandwich and some blackberry yogurt. Honestly, I didn't even try to fight it. Instead, I grabbed my keys and headed to my car to retrieve the M&Ms.

Well, apparently, Karma did not want me to have those M&Ms because as I approached the car, my ankle turned in my slingback heels and I went sprawling across the parking lot. If only I had put my penny loafers away last night, I wouldn't have been scraping blacktop and dirt out of my palms.

So I did what anyone in my situation would have done -- I got up, opened the car and consoled myself with some M&Ms.

8 comments:

Joanie said...

Ouch Amy!!! And get rid of those M & Ms!!! You and me..... getting rid of the sugar. taking our meds. getting those glucose numbers lower. Just waiting for your Biggest Loser blog to go up.

kimybeee said...

At least you had your priorities right! I am sure they were worth it.

kimybeee

Old Woman said...

Dang - I'd get rid of the sling backs...

Momza said...

oh.my.gosh. I've done that. Only I was wearing "slides" back in the 80's...slipped on ice in a parking lot, landed spread eagle on the pavement/snow, my bf at the time couldn't stop laughing to help me up! Oh and did I mention I was wearing a dress? At least you had M&Ms. Man, I wish I'd have been there. Oh not to see the fall though--to share the M&Ms.

Anonymous said...

If only you had your own reality show - we could have caught it all on tape! Hope your hands heal...thanks for the giggle!

Nate's Mom said...

Sorry to giggle at your expense. But, oh what we won't go through for chocolate. Glad you had the M&M's to help you feel better after your fall. I've found that M&M's came make a lot of hurts go away.

Sheri

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Oh gosh! That must have been a scene! Glad you weren't seriously hurt... well except maybe your pride!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Oh and I squirrel away the chocolate too! Isn't it horrible?